Most kids started school this week and are probably not too excited at the thought summer has come to an end. High School Seniors however, have a different perspective to this school year, “let’s hurry up and get this thing over with”. College is just around the corner. At the IIABC, we have been working hard all summer getting ready to offer qualified students an opportunity to earn thousands of scholarship dollars to assist in this next journey. As a provider of the InVEST program in Broward County, the IIABC will provide scholarship opportunities to High School seniors from select high schools this Spring, 2016. Check back often for more information on how you can apply.
-Mariella C. Gonzalez, Marketing Manager, Florida Peninsula Insurance Company
IIABC is pleased to announce the 2013 InVEST Scholarship Recipients:
Deerfield Beach High School:
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School:
IIABC would like to thank our InVEST Sponsors for their support:
Florida Peninsula Ins. Co.
Rimkus Consulting Group
Wood, Pascucci & Mordes
Rare Earth Sciences
Bay Area DKI
Acosta & Associates, P.A.
Federated National Ins. Co.
MacNeill Group, Inc.
Progressive Casualty Ins. Co.
For more information on the InVEST Program, hiring InVEST students or to become a sponsor, please contact Karen firstname.lastname@example.org
IIABC is pleased to announce the 2013 College Scholarship Recipients:
$1,000 Scholarship awarded to Michelle Gorodetsky (L&S Insurance). Michelle attended Cooper City High School, and will be studying Risk Management at Florida State University.
$600 Scholarship awarded to Alexandra Vollman (Gateway Insurance Agency). Alexandra attended Cardinal Gibbons High School, and will be attending University of Florida.
Congratulations to both scholarship recipients!
The deadline to apply for IIABC’s Annual College Scholarship Program is July 1, 2013.
Please visit the events page of our website for application and qualification information. All documents must be received in the Association Office by July 1, 2013.
It’s time for IIABC’s Annual College Scholarship Program!
Visit the events page of our website for application and qualification information. All documents must be received in the Association Office by July 1, 2013.
INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENTS OF BROWARD COUNTY
InVEST SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
1. A completed/signed 2013 InVEST Scholarship Application (Check back soon for the application.)
2. At least two different letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, liaisons, mentors, etc.
3. A 500 word typewritten essay which should include details on the following:
– the benefits of having participated in InVEST
– plans for further education and/or career plans and how these plans were influenced by InVEST
– other activities that demonstrate the student’s interests and abilities like academic honor societies, sports, extracurricular activities, internships, after-school jobs, etc.
4. Indication of licensing or other introductory courses that you are seeking scholarship funds to attend including pricing (funds are paid to education provider upon approval of scholarship award)
5. A copy of current school transcript which includes grade point average to date
6. A non-returnable photograph OPTIONAL (an original class picture preferred, not scanned)
***Entries are judged on creativity, content, format, grammar, spelling, punctuation and neatness. All entries become property of IIABC InVEST. Submit all documents by April 26, 2013 to:
InVEST Scholarship Contest
Attn: Lee Gorodetsky
L & S Insurance & Financial Services, Inc.
1001 W. Cypress Creek Rd., #414
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 333098
The InVEST Scholarship Committee will make the final selections and submit their recommendations to the Board of Directors.
Questions concerning scholarships should be directed to email@example.com